What are the application requirements?
A condition of application is that you are studying English in order to pursue a career teaching in secondary schools.
- Mastery of the German language at native speaker level,
- Present average mark,
- Number of semesters,
- Completion of at least 2 internships,
- Relevant additional qualifications such as the study of German as a foreign language, and
- Social commitment.
What is the application procedure?
Each applicant must submit
- An English language CV (for an example see http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/de/documents/curriculum-vitae),
- A letter of motivation in English,
- An overview of grades from JOGU-StINe,
- A profile page (for the councils),
- An info line,
- An application photo.
For more information on the application documents see the information platform on Moodle
The application documents have to be uploaded on the Moodle website 2021 Scotland Calling ... under the following titles
- CV in English (MS Word file), named: A1_CV_Nachname_Vorname
- Letter of Motivation in English (MS Word file), named: A2_Letter_of_Motivation_Nachname_Vorname
- Leistungsübersicht JOGU-StINe (screenshot in PDF), named: A3_Leistungsübersicht_Nachname_Vorname
- Profile in English (MS Word file), named: A4_Profile_Nachname_Vorname
- Infozeile (MS Word file), named: A5_Infozeile_Nachname_Vorname
- Foto (JPG), named: A6_Photo_Nachname_Vorname
A printed version of the documents fastened by a filing clip and including a cover sheet must LIKEWISE be submitted to Sigrid Rieuwerts' office (P 01-631).
The deadline for application is 16 December 2020, 12:00am!
Applicants will be informed in the course of the winter semester about the probability of their being placed in a Scottish school. Final confirmation, however, usually takes place in April.
If an application is accepted, the student will conclude a contract (“Learning Agreement”) with a Scottish council. This will enable him/her to apply for support from the ERASMUS+ programme via the EU Service Point. The detailed application procedure for ERASMUS+ will be announced after the final offer of a placement by GET across borders. Allocation to specific councils usually takes place in June.