With our SET programme (“Scottish Educational Trainees across borders”), we offer all students enrolled at a Scottish university the opportunity of a school internship in Germany.
Open for applications now!
What is the SET programme?
As a SET, you will be teaching English and supporting language learning in Rhineland-Palatinate for 12-16 hours per week. You will be offered flexible and tailored combinations with non-credit university courses, regular studies and internships possible. The placement period is between three and six months.
The internship is co-funded by the European Commission's ERASMUS+ scheme from the SET's Scottish home university and the receiving local school or regional authority in Germany.
Scottish Educational Trainees
- are selected and trained by our Scottish partner universities and supported by the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz in Germany
- have an advanced level of understanding of the skills associated with teaching modern languages
- are committed to language learning and intercultural understanding
- build pupils' confidence and facilitate internal differentiation in class by assisting in secondary and / or primary schools
- (re)present Scottish society and culture
- are native English speakers
- are global citizens at heart
The experience the SETs gain from teaching "across borders"
- is a contribution to the development of a pool of well-qualified, open-minded and internationally experienced young professionals
- is an invitation to engage and learn with other students in a new and different school and university environment
- helps to improve their professional skills and enhances their career prospects
- gives them insight into German culture and traditions
- strengthens their intercultural competence
How to apply
Please submit your application via E-Mail to email@example.com.
We will get back to you as soon as possible!